Effective date: March 22, 2021
This Policy applies to our Website accessible at https://sunrisesailors.com/and other digital platforms, mobile applications and eLearning services, that are operated or furnished by Sunrise Sailors, LLC. and/or any of our affiliates.
This Policy explains how we collect, use, maintain and disclose information collected about you, including when you visit attend a Sunrise Sailors event or otherwise interact with us. Data privacy is important to us, and we recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand how we will collect, use, maintain and disclose your personal information. This Policy also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, with any such changes to be effective prospectively. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the “Effective date” at the top of this Policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our Website, or by sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access our Website to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy. Your continued use of our Website after any change to this Policy will constitute your acceptance of such change.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, including any request to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at:
- Online via our ‘Contact Us’ page: link
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone number: 864-275-1556
When you interact with us because your employer has engaged our services, then your employer is the data controller with respect to the personal information it provides to us or that we collect. Where your employer is the data controller in this way, we act as a service provider or data processor under data protection laws, meaning we use the information to provide a service to your employer in line with their instructions and our legal obligations.
The types of information we collect
When you interact with us, we may collect a variety of information about you and others, as described below. Such information includes, but is not limited to, information about you which is in a form that permits us to identify you (your “personal information”).
Information you provide to us
We collect information that you provide to us, including when you communicate with us via email and form submission; when you sign up for or request that we contact you, send you newsletters, alerts, or other materials; when you submit an employment or contract application with us; when you sign up for a webinar or event; and when you respond to our communications or request additional information. The information you provide us may include:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, contact information, title, position, and information about the company with which you are affiliated.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Event data, such as your contact data and a record of your participation in our events as an attendee or presenter.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and Website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We may use the information we collect
We process your personal information for the purposes set out in this Policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your personal information.
We will process your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our customer terms, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering those terms:
- to respond to your requests for information, services and general inquiries;
- to provide you with training and technology services;
- to create and maintain your user account;
- to respond to enquiries and comments and provide customer service and support;
- to send technical alerts, updates, security notifications, and administrative communications;
- to manage registration, payments and your attendance to our events; and
- to investigate and prevent fraudulent activities, unauthorized access, and other illegal activities.
We use your personal information for the following purposes as is necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- to send you newsletters, marketing communications, and other materials that may interest you;
- to initiate surveys or request your feedback;
- to develop and maintain our list of contacts, and to analyze and develop our relationship with you;
- to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional efforts;
- to deal with any enquiries or complaints you or others make, to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, repair issues and provide other customer care and support services;
- to (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) respond to requests from competent authorities; (iii) protect our interests; (iv) protect our rights, safety or property, and/or that of our partners, you or others; and (v) enforce or defend our legal rights.
We may post customer testimonials, comments, and reviews on our Website, which may contain personal information. We will obtain your consent via email prior to posting any testimonial you have provided or your name in connection with posting such testimonial. If you wish to change or delete your testimonial, please contact us using the details in the ‘How to contact us’ section at the beginning of this Policy.
Who we share your information with
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise share information that reasonably identifies you or your organization with unaffiliated entities for their independent use except with your prior permission.
There are circumstances where we wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal information to third parties. This will only take place in accordance with the applicable law and for the purposes listed in this Policy.
We may share or disclose your personal information to following third parties:
- Our affiliated companies and offices.
- Our professional advisors, such as our auditors, accountants and lawyers.
- Another legal entity, on a temporary or permanent basis, for the purposes of a joint venture, collaboration, financing, sale, merger, reorganization, change of legal form, dissolution or similar event.
- A successor organization or other legal entity, in the case of a merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transition, or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. We do not guarantee that any entity receiving your information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all of the terms of this Policy following such transaction.
- Public authorities and other third parties, to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, court orders or subpoenas, to enforce other agreements you may have with Encoretech, or to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others (e.g., to a reporting agency for fraud protection). We reserve the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
- Any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that cannot identify you with third parties.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How long we retain your information
We will store your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which such personal information is processed. Please note, however, that we may retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove such information from our databases.
Where we process your personal information on behalf of your employer as a service provider or processor, we will retain such information in line with your employer’s instructions and our contractual obligations. You may have the right to ask your employer to delete, block or correct such personal information and we will cooperate with your employer in accommodating such requests.
What rights you have over your information
You can always opt not to disclose information to us.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can let us know by contacting us using the details in the ‘How to contact us’ section at the beginning of this Policy. Additionally, the electronic marketing communications we send you contain the option to opt-out. We may continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as service-related emails.
You can accept or reject cookies by adjusting your web browser controls.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom, where we process your personal information as a data controller, in certain circumstances you have rights in relation to your personal information that we hold about you—specifically:
- Request access to your personal information. You may have the right to request access to any personal information we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal information, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal information has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal information will be stored, the source of the personal information, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal information. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. You may have the right to request that personal information held about you be deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal information. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal information.
- Request transfer of your personal information. You may have the right to request transfer of your personal information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
Where you believe that we have not complied with our obligations under this Policy or European data protection law, we ask that you contact us first to see if we can resolve the issue. However, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
For personal information that we process on behalf of your employer to provide our services, we act as a data processor. In that case, we are not responsible for and have no control over the privacy and data security practices of your employer, which may differ from those explained in this Policy. The data protection rights listed above do not apply to us where we process personal information as a data processor on behalf of your employer. If we process your personal information as a data processor on behalf of your employer, and you wish to exercise any rights you may have under the GDPR or other applicable data protection laws, please inquire with your employer directly.
What security measures we have in place
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet and no method of electronic storage are 100% secure. Therefore, while best efforts are made to secure your information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us using the details in the ‘How to contact us’ section at the beginning of this Policy.
We are headquartered in FL, as well as team members located across the United States. By using our Website from outside the United States, you acknowledge that your personal information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States and to our affiliates, partners, and service providers who are located around the world and that your personal information will be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or elsewhere in the world where our servers are located.
Embedded content from other Websites and third-party links
Articles on our Website may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other Websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other Website.
© 2021 Sunrise Sailors. All rights reserved.